President - Karten Design
Stuart Karten is the President of the award-winning Los Angeles-based product design and innovation consultancy, Karten Design. Since 1984, Karten Design has partnered with medical and consumer product manufacturers to build their businesses through strategic design. Driven by deep market πunderstanding and user empathy, Karten Design helps companies seize new opportunities and create compelling products that resonate with end users, increasing adoption and enabling better patient outcomes.
Karten Design's work has won more than 100 of design's most important awards globally and has been featured in the Museum of Modern Art and the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. Named one of America's top-five "Design Factories" by Fast Company, the firm has been recognized for its design innovation by the likes of CNN, NPR, and Chicago Tribune.
Stuart is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design. He has worked for Gould Medical Products, Mattel, and Baxter Medical Products until founding Karten Design, 34 years ago.
In addition to running Karten Design, Stuart is involved with the following organizations-
• Founding member of the University of Southern California Center for Body Computing
• Member of the Stanford Medicine X Council of Health Care Designers.
• Serves on the Ad Hoc Data and Analytics Committee for Presbyterian Healthcare Services, the largest healthcare system in New Mexico
• Mentor at the Cedars Sinai TechStars Healthcare Accelerator
• Member of the Board of Regents and Curriculum Advisor for the Da Vinci Design High School in El Segundo, Ca
• Advisor for the Ageing Into The Future Conference
• Board Member for the following healthcare startups